142-member India contingent for Olympics
The contingent includes 81 athletes and 36 coaches besides doctors, managers and other officials.
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry on Thursday approved a 142-member Indian contingent, comprising 81 athletes and 36 coaches, for the London Olympics.
While approving the Indian contingent, the ministry said the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and the national sports federations (NSFs) would have included the support staff such as coaches, doctors, managers and officials keeping in mind the best of national interests.
The contingent includes 81 athletes who will participate in 13 sports disciplines. The contingent also includes 36 coaches, four managers, eight medical staff, six 'P' category officials and seven contingent officials.
The London Games will be held from July 27 to August 12.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming