142-member India contingent for Olympics
The contingent includes 81 athletes and 36 coaches besides doctors, managers and other officials.
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry on Thursday approved a 142-member Indian contingent, comprising 81 athletes and 36 coaches, for the London Olympics.
While approving the Indian contingent, the ministry said the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and the national sports federations (NSFs) would have included the support staff such as coaches, doctors, managers and officials keeping in mind the best of national interests.
The contingent includes 81 athletes who will participate in 13 sports disciplines. The contingent also includes 36 coaches, four managers, eight medical staff, six 'P' category officials and seven contingent officials.
The London Games will be held from July 27 to August 12.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands