15 Palestinians killed in Israeli air strikes in Gaza
At least 15 Palestinians have been killed in the worst violence between Israeli forces and militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip in nearly a year, even as Israel warned of more attacks if its civilians are targetted.
Jerusalem: At least 15 Palestinians have been killed in the worst violence between Israeli forces and militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip in nearly a year, even as Israel warned of more attacks if its civilians are targetted.
Gaza-based medical officials said an airstrike on Saturday killed two men in the southern part of the Hamas-ruled territory, raising to 15 the number of Palestinians killed since Israel assassinated a top military leader 24 hours
"The Israeli army will hit anyone planning to attack Israeli citizens," Defence Minister Ehud Barak said in a statement released by his ministry.
The "current round of confrontations is not over" and that he expected the violence between the Israeli army and Palestinian militants to last one or two more days, Barak was quoted as saying by Public radio.
The latest attack east of Khan Younis came from a drone which fired on a motorcycle, said Gaza medical official Adham Abu Salmiya.
The body of Hussein Barham Al-Breim, 51, was transferred to Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, Abu Salmiya said, adding that his companion, Mansour Kamal Abu Nuseira, 20, was taken to European Hospital, where he later died.
Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said that about 90 rockets had been fired toward the Jewish nation since Friday afternoon, injuring eight people, including one seriously, with the Iron Dome system managing to intercept 25 rockets launched towards populated areas in the southern part of the country.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar