DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
15,000 rally for Mullaiperiyar dam retrieval
THENI: More than 15,000 persons joined a rally in Chinnamanoor in Theni district on Wednesday demanding the retrieval of Mullaiper..
THENI: More than 15,000 persons joined a rally in Chinnamanoor in Theni district on Wednesday demanding the retrieval of Mullaiperiyar dam by Tamil Nadu. A series of agitations have been taking place since December 5, demanding an increase in the storage level of the dam to 142 feet and deployment of the Central Industrial Protection Force at the dam. They also condemned the anti-Tamil stance of Kerala.
On Wednesday, all sections of the society joined the rally in Chinnamanoor, whi-ch started from Chinnamanoor-Odaipatti Road at 10 am and passed through all the streets in the town and ended at the starting point.
Protestors raised slogans demanding that the directive of the Supreme Court be implemented. They also demanded protection for the dam. All shops in Chinnamanoor remained closed and traffic was suspended while the rally was in progress.
DSP Srinivasaperumal looked after the security arrangements.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Suffering from Fever, Says Reports
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users