16 arrested for making crank calls to police control room
Yadav said there are over a dozen numbers which are under scanner and soon we will take action against those who are misusing the emergency phone numbers.
Kanpur: At least 16 persons, including a teenage boy, have been arrested, for allegedly making crank calls to police control room meant for emergency response for locals. According to SSP Yashashvi Yadav, control room was receiving various fraud calls from quite some time from pranksters, who were giving false information about accidents and fire incidents and some even demanded that officials sing a song for them.
"Following these repeated calls from various phone numbers we started a drive and we tracked various calls and nabbed 16 people, which includes 16-year-old and 54-year-old Subhash Mishra," Yadav said in Kanpur.
There are over a dozen numbers which are under scanner and soon we will take action against those who are misusing the emergency phone numbers, due to which those who are in need of help are also suffering, he said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category