17 Indian fishermen detained by Pakistani marine agency
The Pakistani agency also detained seventeen fishing trawlers, off Jakhau coast, Gujarat, near the international maritime boundary.
Ahmedabad: Seventeen Indian fishermen have been apprehended and as many fishing trawlers seized by the Pakistan Marine Security Agency (PMSA) off Jakhau coast, Gujarat, near the international maritime boundary, a fishermen's association claimed on Wednesday.
"PMSA intercepted 18 boats yesterday, with at least 101 anglers on board, in the international waters off Jakhau coast. It apprehended 17 fishermen and 17 boats and took them to Karachi," National Fish Workers Forum's national secretary Manish Lodhari said.
The Pakistani agency allowed remaining 84 fishermen to return in one boat. These fishermen, who reached in Ahmedabad on Wednesday, informed the local authorities. The boats were from Porbandar and fishermen were from across Gujarat, Lodhari said.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology