17-year-old girl raped by relative, commits suicide
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her relative on December 13 when she was alone at her home.
Nashik: A teenager, who had attempted suicide after being raped three days back in the city, succumbed at the Civil hospital in Nashik, police said on Sunday.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her relative, identified as Swapnil Vijay Yashwante, on December 13 when she was alone at her home in Shindegaon area of the city.
The same day, the victim tried to commit suicide by setting herself on fire. She had received 70 per cent burns and died at the Nashik Civil hospital last evening, police said. The accused was arrested on December 14 and is presently in police custody till December 18, they added.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction