2 detained under Goondas Act
PUDUCHERRY: Two more criminals were detained under the Puducherry Prevention of Anti-Social Activities Act, 2008, according to a p..
PUDUCHERRY: Two more criminals were detained under the Puducherry Prevention of Anti-Social Activities Act, 2008, according to a press release from the Police Department, on Tuesday. Podi Ilango, son of Vadakumalai, and Iyyappan, son of Natarajan, were detained under the PASA Act, popularly known as Goondas Act. Both criminals are now lodged in the Central Prison, Kalapet, and are under judicial custody in connection with the cases at Grand Bazaar and Odiansalai police stations.
The detention orders were served on them on Tuesday at the prison. Both the criminals will be detained in the prison for a year.
As per records, Podi Ilango has been involved in 15 criminal cases which included two murder cases, two attempt to murder cases, one attempt to culpable homicide case, two hurt cases, six Arms Act Cases and two other cases.
Iyyappan was involved in nine criminal cases including two murder cases, one attempt to murder case, one hurt case, two arms act cases and three Preventive Sections of Law.
It may be recalled that the police had already detained Siva a.k.a Track Siva under the Goondas Act earlier.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology