2 jets collide at Miami airport, no injuries reported
Airport spokesman Marc Henderson told The Miami Herald on Thursday night that one plane had a damaged wingtip and the other sustained damage on the tail section.
Miami: Authorities say no one was injured when two commercial jets collided near the gates at Miami International Airport. Airport spokesman Marc Henderson told The Miami Herald on Thursday night that one plane had a damaged wingtip and the other sustained damage on the tail section.
The collision happened between Concourses J and H as an incoming Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus with 240 passengers aboard struck an Air France 777-300 plane preparing to leave for Paris with 350 passengers on board. Henderson says rescue crews quickly surrounded both planes.
The Herald reports the passengers arriving from Argentina were allowed to get off the plane at the gate. The passengers heading to France had to pick up their luggage and wait in long lines to reschedule their flights. An investigation is under way.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards