2 killed, 19 injured in shooting at Toronto party
Hundreds of young people were outdoors at the barbecue when gunfire broke out just before 11 pm on Monday.
Toronto: A teenage girl and a man in his early 20s were killed and 19 others, including a toddler, injured in an exchange of gunfire after an altercation broke out among some present at a large barbecue party in Toronto.
"This is the worst incident of gun violence anywhere in North America. It's very shocking. A lot of innocent people were injured tonight," Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair said at the scene in Scarborough.
"Tonight's event is unprecedented. It's going to be shocking to everyone in Toronto, to everyone in Canada."
A teenage girl and a man believed to be in his early 20s, were pronounced dead at the scene, Blair said. Other victims suffered injuries from trampling.
A suspect was hospitalised and is in police custody, he said, adding police are still looking for other suspects.
Hundreds of young people were outdoors at the barbecue outside 193 Danzig St when gunfire broke out just before 11 pm on Monday, thestar.com reported.
Police say the 21 victims, one a toddler under 3, were rushed to emergency rooms across the city.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times