2 Maoists held, arms and ammunition seized
The rebels were nabbed after their hideout in the forest area in Kolkata.
Kolkata: Two Maoist cadres were arrested and a huge reserve of arms and ammunition is recovered form their hideout in West Bengal's West Midnapore district, police said on Friday.
The rebels were nabbed after their hideout in the forest between Salboni and Kotwali police station which was raided early Thursday, a senior official said.
"Seeing the forces approaching their hideout, the rebels opened fire. The gun battle continued for a few hours. None of the security personnel were injured," said West Midnapore Police Superintendent Manoj Verma.
"A huge cache of arms and ammunition, including sophisticated firearms, were recovered", said Verma.
Several other persons, found roaming near the jungle after the shoot out, were also detained for interrogation.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media