20 things you didn't know about Dhanush's '3'
With Dhanush and Shruti Haasan in the lead roles, Tamil film '3' is all set to hit the screens on March 30, 2012.
New Delhi: With Dhanush and Shruti Haasan in the lead roles, Tamil film '3' is all set to hit the screens on March 30, 2012. The popular 'Kolaveri Di' song is also a part of this film. Read on to find out the lesser known things about '3'.
(1) Previously, actress Amala Paul was cast opposite Dhanush in the film. She even attended the press meet of the movie with Dhanush and Aishwarya. However, Shruti Haasan replaced Amala soon. Aishwarya says, the film was written with Shruti in mind.
(2) Oscar-winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty, who won the international honour for his work in 'Slumdog Millionaire' has also worked on the film.
(3) Aishwarya Dhanush, actor Rajinikanth's daughter and Dhanush's wife is making her directorial debut with the film.
(4)Aishwarya worked as an assistant director for regional films 'Baba' and 'Aayirathil Oruvan'. She is a trained classical dancer as well.
(5)Apart from Tamil, '3' will be released in Telugu and Hindi as well.
(6)The Hindi rights of the movie have been sold for a record prize.
(7)'3' was initially not a feature film, but a short movie.
(8)Dhanush didn't agree to do the film at once. A week after reading the script he agreed to star in '3'.
(9)The 'Kolaveri Di' song has already crossed 50 million hits on YouTube. The popularity of the song led to the creation of a number of imitations and parodies in various languages around the world depicting different types of situations. Even Pakistan had its own version of 'Kolaveri Di'.
(10)Surprisingly, the song which set new records in the world of music didn't benefit Dhanush in terms on money. Dhanush didn't expect the song to be such a big hit and sold its rights to Sony Music for a very small price. So, Dhanush can't release any version of the song without Sony's prior permission and will have to share the song with them.
(11)Apart from singing, Dhanush also wrote the 'Kolaveri' lyrics. And as he claims, it just took him six minutes.
(12)Dhanush says that he is one of those people who can't speak proper English. His lack of comfort with the language helped him in choosing the words to connect with people who are not fluent in English.
(13)An article on the song written by Dhanush was also featured in the Time magazine.
(14)'3' has been produced by Dhanush's father, Kasthuri Raja. His RK Productions and Dhanush's Wunderbar Films have jointly produced the film.
(15)It wasn't easy for Aishwarya to convince Kasthuri Raja, as he had doubts about her filmmaking abilities. Despite showing a video that she shot, he was reluctant to say yes. It was only after Dhanush showed him the script; he gave a nod to the project.
(16)Team of '3' is now eyeing a nationwide release on March 30, 2012. The film is being released with 400 prints in Tamil and 600 prints in Hindi.
(17)21-year-old Anirudh Ravichander, music director of '3' is an alumnus of AR Rahman's school of music.
(18)'Kolaveri Di' has won the YouTube Gold award, which is given to the viral videos from across the world.
(19)Director Aishwarya Dhanush finished the shooting of the film in just 50 days.
(20)Everyone is tight-lipped about the story of '3'. It is a romantic film, which is high on emotional drama. Shruti Haasan and Dhanush will also be seen as school kids in the film.
- 31st October Movie Review: Live
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP