DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
20-year-old student stages kidnap drama to extort money from his family
Police 'rescued' the student only to realise later that he had planned his own kidnapping to extort money from his family.
Noida: Police 'rescued' a 20-year-old student only to realise later that he had planned his own kidnapping to extort money from his family.
Amit Kumar, a resident of Ilahabans sector phase 2 in Noida, had left for coaching at 9.15 am on July 4 and was allegedly kidnapped, SSP Preetinder Singh said.
Amit had Rs 4,500 cash with him on the day he was kidnapped, the police official said.
Davinder, the uncle of Amit, in the complaint said that the family got call from kidnappers, who demanded a ransom of Rs 20 lakh.
Following which, a crime branch team led by a Deputy Superintendent of Police probed the matter and found Amit and his friend Navin Kumar at Tuglaqabad metro railway station in Badarpur Delhi area and brought them to Noida.
When questioned, Amit admitted that he had planned his own kidnapping through a friend to extract Rs 20 lakh from his parents, Singh said.
Amit claimed that earlier he had asked his parents to give him money to start business, which they had refused.
Recommended For You
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong