20-year-old student stages kidnap drama to extort money from his family
Police 'rescued' the student only to realise later that he had planned his own kidnapping to extort money from his family.
Noida: Police 'rescued' a 20-year-old student only to realise later that he had planned his own kidnapping to extort money from his family.
Amit Kumar, a resident of Ilahabans sector phase 2 in Noida, had left for coaching at 9.15 am on July 4 and was allegedly kidnapped, SSP Preetinder Singh said.
Amit had Rs 4,500 cash with him on the day he was kidnapped, the police official said.
Davinder, the uncle of Amit, in the complaint said that the family got call from kidnappers, who demanded a ransom of Rs 20 lakh.
Following which, a crime branch team led by a Deputy Superintendent of Police probed the matter and found Amit and his friend Navin Kumar at Tuglaqabad metro railway station in Badarpur Delhi area and brought them to Noida.
When questioned, Amit admitted that he had planned his own kidnapping through a friend to extract Rs 20 lakh from his parents, Singh said.
Amit claimed that earlier he had asked his parents to give him money to start business, which they had refused.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims
- R Ashwin Is A Priceless Cricketer : Virat Kohli