20,000 more autos to hit Hyderabad roads
The transport department has decided to permit 20,000 new autorickshaws in the Greater Hyderabad area.
Hyderabad: The transport department has decided to permit 20,000 new autorickshaws in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) limits and issued orders to this effect here on Wednesday. With this the number of autos in Hyderabd will go up to 97,357.
Of the 20,000 new autorickshaws, 13,000 will be available for applicants under open category, 4,000 reserved for BCs, 2,000 for SC/ST categories and 1,000 for minorities. The process of registration will be completed within 120 days from the date of issue of notification by the commissioner of transport.
In case the quota earmarked for the SC/ST and minorities is not fully utilized by the end of the stipulated period, the same will be allotted to the open category, within the next 30 days. In order to avoid misuse, the transport department was asked to ensure that only one permit was issued to each person.
Another order was issued permitting 322 auto-rickshaws, whose owners obtained temporary registrations from automobile dealers in 2011, to ply on the roads, taking the total number of autorickshaws to 97,357. In November 2011, the government decided to restrict the number of autorickshaws run by LPG to 77,035.
However, in order to curb fraudulent practices like excess fares and illegal trading in autos, the transport commissioner recommended to permit registration of new auto-rickshaws.
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Watch: Dengue Plagues Police Station in Mumbai
- Falcon 9 Explosion Most Difficult Failure: Elon Musk
- SpaceX Seeks Public Help in Probing Falcon 9 Rocket Explosion
- Satellite Owner Could Seek $50 Million From SpaceX After Falcon 9 Explosion