20,000 more autos to hit Hyderabad roads
The transport department has decided to permit 20,000 new autorickshaws in the Greater Hyderabad area.
Hyderabad: The transport department has decided to permit 20,000 new autorickshaws in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) limits and issued orders to this effect here on Wednesday. With this the number of autos in Hyderabd will go up to 97,357.
Of the 20,000 new autorickshaws, 13,000 will be available for applicants under open category, 4,000 reserved for BCs, 2,000 for SC/ST categories and 1,000 for minorities. The process of registration will be completed within 120 days from the date of issue of notification by the commissioner of transport.
In case the quota earmarked for the SC/ST and minorities is not fully utilized by the end of the stipulated period, the same will be allotted to the open category, within the next 30 days. In order to avoid misuse, the transport department was asked to ensure that only one permit was issued to each person.
Another order was issued permitting 322 auto-rickshaws, whose owners obtained temporary registrations from automobile dealers in 2011, to ply on the roads, taking the total number of autorickshaws to 97,357. In November 2011, the government decided to restrict the number of autorickshaws run by LPG to 77,035.
However, in order to curb fraudulent practices like excess fares and illegal trading in autos, the transport commissioner recommended to permit registration of new auto-rickshaws.
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Farooq Calls Meeting of Opposition to Discuss Kashmir Issue
- Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates His Birthday With the Team of Pink
- Rani Mukerji, Kajol, Ranbir Kapoor Step Out In Style For Durga Puja Celebrations
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18