21-year-old student commits suicide on being scolded over poor performance in CA exam
<p>A 21-year-old CA student committed suicide in front of his parents by laying on a railway track minutes before a train arrived in Kavinagar area in Ghaziabad, police said on Thursday.</p>
A 21-year-old CA student committed suicide in front of his parents by laying on a railway track minutes before a train arrived in Kavinagar area in Ghaziabad, police said on Thursday.
"Rahul took the extreme step on Wednesday after being scolded by his parents over poor performance in exams," they said.
According to the police, Rahul's father Rajesh Bali scolded him for not scoring good marks in the Chartered Accountancy exam. Thereafter, he had been upset and decided to leave the house.
"Parents called up Rahul and asked him to come back as he has left the house after being scolded. Rahul told them that he is going towards railway tracks to commit suicide," said a senior police officer.
He added that Rahul's parents tried to convince him, but he didn't relent. They rushed towards Ghaziabad railway station and spotted him lying on a railway track.
By the time they could pull him out from the track, a speeding train crushed him to death. The body has been sent for the postmortem and further investigation is on.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3