22 killed in Jharkhand road accident
The bus was going to Arah in Bihar from Jamshedpur when it collided with the trailer, said Superintendent of Police.
Ranchi: Twenty two people were killed when the bus carrying them collided head-on with an iron-laden trailer near Bundu, about 50 km from Ranchi, police said.
"The bus was going to Arah in Bihar from Jamshedpur when it collided with the trailer around 3.30 am, killing 13 people on the spot. The rest succumbed to injuries in hospitals," Superintendent of Police (Ranchi rural) AV Minz, told.
The iron rods pierced into the bus after the mishap, resulting in many casualties, he said and added about 25 others were injured in the early morning mishap.
Police rushed immediately and sent the injured to nearby hospitals.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda condoled the death of the bus passengers and announced Rs two lakh to the families of the dead. He visited the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences here to meet the injured and enquired about their health.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines