DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
22 killed in Jharkhand road accident
The bus was going to Arah in Bihar from Jamshedpur when it collided with the trailer, said Superintendent of Police.
Ranchi: Twenty two people were killed when the bus carrying them collided head-on with an iron-laden trailer near Bundu, about 50 km from Ranchi, police said.
"The bus was going to Arah in Bihar from Jamshedpur when it collided with the trailer around 3.30 am, killing 13 people on the spot. The rest succumbed to injuries in hospitals," Superintendent of Police (Ranchi rural) AV Minz, told.
The iron rods pierced into the bus after the mishap, resulting in many casualties, he said and added about 25 others were injured in the early morning mishap.
Police rushed immediately and sent the injured to nearby hospitals.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda condoled the death of the bus passengers and announced Rs two lakh to the families of the dead. He visited the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences here to meet the injured and enquired about their health.
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- GoT 7 Promises 'A Great War' Within and Outside The Wall
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa