24 kg heroin recovered in Amritsar, four arrested
<p><strong>Amritsar:</strong> The Punjab Police arrested four men in Amritsar on Monday and recovered 24 kg of heroin worth Rs 120 crore ($19.5 million) on the international market from them, an officer said.</p>
Amritsar: The Punjab Police arrested four men in Amritsar on Monday and recovered 24 kg of heroin worth Rs 120 crore ($19.5 million) on the international market from them, an officer said.
Sources in the state special operations cell said that the recovery was made near the Millennium Gate following a tip-off that a big drugs consignment was being carried by a group of smugglers.
The Border Security Force (BSF) had killed three Pakistani smugglers near the India-Pakistan international border last week and recovered 24 kg of heroin.
This year, the BSF has recovered nearly 282 kg of heroin along the 553 km international border in Punjab. In 2012, it had recovered more than 288 kg of heroin.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game