24 kg heroin recovered in Amritsar, four arrested
<p><strong>Amritsar:</strong> The Punjab Police arrested four men in Amritsar on Monday and recovered 24 kg of heroin worth Rs 120 crore ($19.5 million) on the international market from them, an officer said.</p>
Amritsar: The Punjab Police arrested four men in Amritsar on Monday and recovered 24 kg of heroin worth Rs 120 crore ($19.5 million) on the international market from them, an officer said.
Sources in the state special operations cell said that the recovery was made near the Millennium Gate following a tip-off that a big drugs consignment was being carried by a group of smugglers.
The Border Security Force (BSF) had killed three Pakistani smugglers near the India-Pakistan international border last week and recovered 24 kg of heroin.
This year, the BSF has recovered nearly 282 kg of heroin along the 553 km international border in Punjab. In 2012, it had recovered more than 288 kg of heroin.
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience