DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
24 kg heroin recovered in Amritsar, four arrested
<p><strong>Amritsar:</strong> The Punjab Police arrested four men in Amritsar on Monday and recovered 24 kg of heroin worth Rs 120 crore ($19.5 million) on the international market from them, an officer said.</p>
Amritsar: The Punjab Police arrested four men in Amritsar on Monday and recovered 24 kg of heroin worth Rs 120 crore ($19.5 million) on the international market from them, an officer said.
Sources in the state special operations cell said that the recovery was made near the Millennium Gate following a tip-off that a big drugs consignment was being carried by a group of smugglers.
The Border Security Force (BSF) had killed three Pakistani smugglers near the India-Pakistan international border last week and recovered 24 kg of heroin.
This year, the BSF has recovered nearly 282 kg of heroin along the 553 km international border in Punjab. In 2012, it had recovered more than 288 kg of heroin.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO