27 dead in knife attack at southwestern China train station
The motive behind the attack was not immediately clear.
Beijing: China's official Xinhua News Agency says at least 27 people are dead and 109 injured after a group of knife-wielding men attacked a train station in southwestern China.
Xinhua did not provide more details about the Saturday evening attack at the Kunming Railway Station in Yunnan province, and the attackers were not identified. Kunming city police did not have immediate information to release.
Local television station K6 says that several of the attackers were shot by police and that victims were being transported to local hospitals.
Photos circulating online showed scattered luggage and bodies lying on the floor in blood.
The motive behind the attack was not immediately clear, but China has seen a number of mass stabbings and other attacks carried out by people bearing grudges against society.
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC