27 dead in knife attack at southwestern China train station
The motive behind the attack was not immediately clear.
Beijing: China's official Xinhua News Agency says at least 27 people are dead and 109 injured after a group of knife-wielding men attacked a train station in southwestern China.
Xinhua did not provide more details about the Saturday evening attack at the Kunming Railway Station in Yunnan province, and the attackers were not identified. Kunming city police did not have immediate information to release.
Local television station K6 says that several of the attackers were shot by police and that victims were being transported to local hospitals.
Photos circulating online showed scattered luggage and bodies lying on the floor in blood.
The motive behind the attack was not immediately clear, but China has seen a number of mass stabbings and other attacks carried out by people bearing grudges against society.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks