27 killed, 13 wounded in Iraq attacks
The police said 12 people were killed in the capital city of Baghdad alone.
Baghdad: A string of attacks in different parts of Iraq left at least 27 people killed and 13 wounded, police said Monday.
Four people were killed and six injured when a car bomb struck a policeman's house in the residential complex of Mishraq, near Mosul city, some 400 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
Two civilians were killed and four wounded, including two army members, when a car bomb targeted an army patrol in Mosul, the source said. Meanwhile, unidentified gunmen killed Qahtan Sammy, a spokesperson for Nineveh province, as he drove his car in Mosul, the source added.
Also, four people were killed in two separate attacks near Diyala's provincial capital of Baquba, some 65 km from Baghdad, local media reported. Unidentified gunmen killed two brothers inside a grove near Baquba. While in another attack, unidentified gunmen opened fire and killed two people near Kobbah village, a security source said.
The police said earlier that 12 people were killed and three wounded in two attacks near Baghdad.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction