DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2G: Bail hearing of 5 corporate executives today
The CBI had named them co-accused, along with former telecom minister A Raja.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will resume on Monday its hearing on the bail pleas of five corporate executives named co-accused in the second generation (2G) telecom spectrum case and sent to judicial custody by a lower court.
The five accused are Vinod Goenka of Swan Telecom, Sanjay Chandra of Unitech and three officials of the Anil Ambani Group: Gautam Doshi, Hari Nair and Surendra Pipara. Justice Ajit Bharihoke Friday heard senior counsel Mukul Rohtagi who represented Goenka.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had named them co-accused, along with former telecom minister A Raja, his personal aide RK Chandolia, former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura and Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Balwa. Later, the probe agency also named Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi's daughter Kanimozhi as co-conspirator in the case, while his wife Dayalu Ammal was listed as a witness.
Among the accused, Raja, Chandolia, Behura, Shahid Balwa, Asif Balwa, Agarwal, Goenka, Chandra, Doshi and Nair are in judicial custody. Meanwhile, Pipara who is also in judicial custody, is presently admitted in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan