DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2G case: ED moves SC against Sahara Group CEO
The ED has accused Subroto Roy of intimidating its officers investigating the 2G scam.
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday moved the Supreme Court accusing Sahara Group CEO Subroto Roy of intimidating its officers investigating the 2G scam.
ED has filed a criminal contempt petition in the Supreme Court that will come up for hearing before Justices GH Singhvi and Asok Kumar Ganguly at 2 pm.
ED says Roy did not turn up before it for questioning despite its repeated notices. It also says Roy's newspaper published an item about the investigating officer, Rajeshwar Singh, pointing fingers at him.
According to the ED, Roy's Sahara Group transferred Rs 150 crore to Swan Telecom allegedly in connection with the 2G scam, which relates to alleged irregularities in the allocation of spectrum to telecom companies.
The matter was mentioned before the bench in the morning.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet