2G case: Sanjay Chandra moves High Court
Unitech Ltd MD Sanjay Chandra said that the order by the trial court was passed in a 'casual and perfunctory manner'.
New Delhi: Unitech Ltd MD Sanjay Chandra, an accused in 2G spectrum allocation scam case, on Friday moved the Delhi High Court seeking quashing of the charges framed against him saying the order by the trial court was passed in a 'casual and perfunctory manner'.
He said the order was passed without application of judicial mind as there was no evidence to show that he had conspired with any public servant for wrongful financial gain.
"The impugned order has been passed in a casual and perfunctory manner and without due application of judicial mind," he said, adding "there was no evidence to show that the petitioner (Chandra) had in any manner conspired with any public servant to cause wrongful gain to himself or wrongful loss to the government of India."
In a 37-page petition, he said there was no evidence that he or his company had paid any bribe for securing the Unified Access Services Licences (UASL) and this distinguishes his case from the remaining accused persons.
"Despite this admission of the respondent (CBI), the trial court wrongly linked the bribery allegation and the Unitech Wireless Companies in its order on charge.
"In the light of this categorical admission by the respondent (CBI), the petitioners case is no different from that of any of the non-prosecuted persons/companies who were granted LOIs in January 2008 or licences up to March 2007 and subsequently issued licences, or which were granted licences up to March 2007 at the entry fee determined in 2001," the petition said.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief