DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2G: CBI to submit status report on Chandra-Singh tapes
The CBI removed AK Singh as the lead prosecutor after he was allegedly heard talking to Chandra.
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will file its status report on the audio tapes in which Unitech Managing Director Sanjay Chandra is allegedly heard talking to former CBI prosecutor AK Singh about the 2G spectrum case. In the report the CBI will revealed what action has been taken against Sanjay Chandra and AK Singh after the alleged taped conversation came to light.
A Joint Parliamentary Committee, which is also investigating the case, had summoned CBI director Ranjit Sinha on Tuesday. The CBI removed AK Singh as the lead prosecutor after he was allegedly heard talking to Chandra.
The CBI had sent the CD containing voice samples of lead prosecutor in Singh, who was the lead prosecutor in the 2G spectrum case, and Sanjay Chandra to the forensic laboratory.
A preliminary enquiry by the CBI had found that Singh had colluded with Chandra, an accused in the case. CBI officials say the forensic report will be available in a few weeks time. Meanwhile, Chandra was once again questioned by the CBI on Friday.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835