2G hearing: will corporate honchos get bail?
A special court to decide on the bail pleas of Unitech chief, Swan Telecom promoter and three ADAG officials.
New Delhi: It's also a crucial day for five major corporates named in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Delhi is likely to decide on the bail pleas of Unitech chief Sanjay Chandra, Swan Telecom promoter Vinod Goenka and three top Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group officials that include Reliance Telecom Group MD Gautam Doshi.
Arguments on bail will resume on Friday before special CBI judge OP Saini after the newly-appointed Special Public Prosecutor Uday Lalit sought time to file a reply to the applications.
Overruling the central government's objection, the Supreme Court on April 11 appointed senior counsel Uday Lalit as special public prosecutor to lead the Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) case in the 2G spectrum scam.
The apex court bench of Justice GS Singhvi and Justice AK Ganguly said they were issuing the direction in the exercise of their power under Article 142 of the constitution that empowers the court to take any step for securing "complete justice".
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology