DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2G scam: 5 corporate executives move HC for bail
The bench has decided to take up their appeal against the grant of bail on Thursday.
New Delhi: Hours after they were arrested in 2G case and taken to Tihar Jail, five corporate executives, named as accused by the CBI in the 2G scam, on Wednesday, moved the Delhi High Court, challenging the trial court's refusal to grant them bail.
The bail applications of Swan Telecom Director Vinod Goenka, Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Ltd Managing Director Sanjay Chandra, and three top officials of Reliance ADA Group - Gautam Doshi, Surendra Pipara and Hari Nair - were mentioned before a bench of justices Vikramajit Sen and Siddharth Mridul.
The bench decided to take up their appeal against the grant of bail on Thursday. Senior advocates KTS Tulsi and NK Kaul mentioned the bail applications on behalf of the five accused.
Earlier, Special judge OP Saini rejected the bail pleas of the five corporate honchos and directed that they be sent to judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet