2G scam: CBI to question Dubai businessman
CBI sources said that the note from RAW gives details of money laundering deals between a Dubai-based individual and a Chennai-based business group.
New Delhi: CBI will soon call a Dubai-based businessman for questioning in connection with alleged laundering of funds as a fall out of 2G spectrum scam.
The CBI has received an input from Research and Analysis Wing about the money parked in Dubai accounts of companies owned by the businessman.
CBI sources said the note from RAW gives details of money laundering deals between a Dubai-based individual and a Chennai-based business group.
The intelligence agency in its note has said that the Dubai-based individual had established a number of front companies across the globe which are being used for such hawala transactions.
The agency which had carried out searches at the office of the business group has so far not named it directly in the telecom spectrum scam, the sources said.
They said the new development might give them evidence about the way money earned through alleged illegal gratification was routed.
The sources claimed the RAW documents give details of overseas accounts which could be possibly linked to a former minister.
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev