2G: Shahid Balwa to get his cell phones back
At the time of Shahid Balwa's arrest in the 2G scam case, his two BlackBerry cell phones were seized by the CBI.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday directed the CBI to return to Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, a 2G telecom spectrum scam case accused, his BlackBerry mobile phones seized by the agency at the time of his arrest.
"Accordingly, two mobile phones of accused Shahid Balwa, seized by CBI during investigation be returned to him against proper signature," Special CBI Judge OP Saini said after the prosecutor did not oppose the plea.
Balwa's counsel submitted that at the time of his arrest, his two BlackBerry cell phones were seized by the CBI and the same may be returned to him now.
Meanwhile, the court continued recording of the statement of prosecution witness Ashish Tambawala, Senior Executive Vice President of Accounts and Finance of Reliance Infrastructure Ltd.
Tambawala, whose recording of statement remained inconclusive, said Rs 69.49 crore were transferred from Reliance Communication Ltd to Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd on October 12, 2007.
During his deposition, he was shown various cheques pertaining to financial transactions by Tiger Traders Pvt Ltd, Zebra Consultants Pvt Ltd, Parrot Consultants pvt Ltd and Swan Capital Pvt Ltd, all alleged associates of Reliance ADA Group.
He had yesterday said some employees of Reliance Infrastructure Ltd had been made authorised signatories for various alleged Reliance ADAG associate firms, including Swan Capital Pvt Ltd and Giraffe Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd.
He had said he himself was the authorised signatory for over 100 companies and all of them belonged to Reliance ADA Group.
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'