Sukna Chopper Crash: 3 Army Officers Killed, 1 Critical
Cheetah Helicopter of the Indian Air Force
Three Army officers were killed and one Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) was critically injured after a Cheetah helicopter crashed at Sukna in West Bengal on Wednesday, police sources said.
3 officers killed after Army's Cheetah Chopper crash in Sukna (West Bengal) at around 10:30 AM. More details awaited.
— ANI (@ANI_news) November 30, 2016
The incident took place around 10:30 am. Soon after the incident, Army officials along with a local rescue team rushed to the spot.
Reportedly, it was a routine mission operating from Sukna and the crash happened when the chopper was landing. The crash site is located inside Sukna military base, near the helipad.
“It is an unfortunate incident. One Junior Commissioned Officer is critical and rushed to a nearby hospital,” the police source said.
The area has been cordoned off and a departmental inquiry has been ordered.
The army's 33 Corps is based at Sukna and all aircraft of the Army are run by Army Aviation Corps.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Unstoppable Force of World Cricket
- Injury woesMohammed Shami and Wriddhiman Saha Ruled Out Of Fifth Test
- Birthday SpecialDilip Kumar Birthday Special: 10 Memorable Films by the Actor
- CHAMPIONAnthony Joshua Retains World Heavyweight Title, Targets Wladimir Klitschko