Sukna Chopper Crash: 3 Army Officers Killed, 1 Critical
Three Army officers killed as Cheetah helicopter crashed at Sukna in West Bengal on Wednesday, police sources said.
Three Army officers were killed and one Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) was critically injured after a Cheetah helicopter crashed at Sukna in West Bengal on Wednesday, police sources said.
3 officers killed after Army's Cheetah Chopper crash in Sukna (West Bengal) at around 10:30 AM. More details awaited.
— ANI (@ANI_news) November 30, 2016
The incident took place around 10:30 am. Soon after the incident, Army officials along with a local rescue team rushed to the spot.
Reportedly, it was a routine mission operating from Sukna and the crash happened when the chopper was landing. The crash site is located inside Sukna military base, near the helipad.
“It is an unfortunate incident. One Junior Commissioned Officer is critical and rushed to a nearby hospital,” the police source said.
The area has been cordoned off and a departmental inquiry has been ordered.
The army's 33 Corps is based at Sukna and all aircraft of the Army are run by Army Aviation Corps.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Launches Baleno Alpha CVT For Rs 8.34 Lakhs
- Women's World Cup Final: Harmanpreet, Jhulan Wary of English Threat
- Check Out The Trailer of Jab Harry Met Sejal
- I Never Call The Paparazzi, They Just Turn Up: Sonam Kapoor on Airport Looks
- Pahlaj Nihalani Explains The Need To Cut Words In Amartya Sen Documentary