3 Suspected ISIS Sympathisers Arrested in Joint Operation by Delhi, UP Police
Three suspected Islamic State sympathisers were arrested on Thursday in a joint operation by the Delhi Police and the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terror Squad (ATS).
(Image for representational purpose only. Reuters photo)
New Delhi: Three suspected Islamic State sympathisers were arrested on Thursday in a joint operation by the Delhi Police and the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terror Squad (ATS).
The trio, who are suspected of having been influenced by online propaganda of Islamic State affiliates, were arrested from Jalandhar, Bijnor in Uttar Pradesh and Mumbai for allegedly planning terror activities.
The joint operation was carried out in six states, including Maharashtra, Punjab, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Received info of group being readied for terror activities.Spl Cell DP, CI cell Andhra,Maha ATS,Punjab & Bihar Police involved in op: UP ATS
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 20, 2017
Six others were being questioned.
The arrests were reportedly part of a crackdown on a terror module that was busted in March. One suspect was killed in Lucknow and seven arrested from UP and Madhya Pradesh in that operation.
Recommended For You
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- 29 Years On, Gulzar's Libaas To Finally Hit Theatres This Year
- Simran: Kangana Ranaut's New Song Pinjra Tod Ke Will Uplift Your Spirit
- Soha's Baby Shower: Kareena, Karisma, Konkona Join In Celebrations