3 Suspected ISIS Sympathisers Arrested in Joint Operation by Delhi, UP Police
Three suspected Islamic State sympathisers were arrested on Thursday in a joint operation by the Delhi Police and the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terror Squad (ATS).
(Image for representational purpose only. Reuters photo)
New Delhi: Three suspected Islamic State sympathisers were arrested on Thursday in a joint operation by the Delhi Police and the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terror Squad (ATS).
The trio, who are suspected of having been influenced by online propaganda of Islamic State affiliates, were arrested from Jalandhar, Bijnor in Uttar Pradesh and Mumbai for allegedly planning terror activities.
The joint operation was carried out in six states, including Maharashtra, Punjab, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Received info of group being readied for terror activities.Spl Cell DP, CI cell Andhra,Maha ATS,Punjab & Bihar Police involved in op: UP ATS
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 20, 2017
Six others were being questioned.
The arrests were reportedly part of a crackdown on a terror module that was busted in March. One suspect was killed in Lucknow and seven arrested from UP and Madhya Pradesh in that operation.
Recommended For You
- Cristiano Ronaldo Speaks About His Targets And Rivalry With Lionel Messi
- Karan Johar's Blast From The Past Will Give You a Mystery to Solve This Weekend
- Honor 7X vs Xiaomi Mi A1: The Visual Appeal Wins This Budget Battle For Honor
- Kareena, Saif Head To Pataudi Palace With Taimur To Ring In His First Birthday
- TVS Apache RR 310 Vs KTM RC 390: Specs, Price, Features and Which One is a Better Sports Bike?