3 Suspected ISIS Sympathisers Arrested in Joint Operation by Delhi, UP Police
(Image for representational purpose only. Reuters photo)
New Delhi: Three suspected Islamic State sympathisers were arrested on Thursday in a joint operation by the Delhi Police and the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terror Squad (ATS).
The trio, who are suspected of having been influenced by online propaganda of Islamic State affiliates, were arrested from Jalandhar, Bijnor in Uttar Pradesh and Mumbai for allegedly planning terror activities.
The joint operation was carried out in six states, including Maharashtra, Punjab, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Received info of group being readied for terror activities.Spl Cell DP, CI cell Andhra,Maha ATS,Punjab & Bihar Police involved in op: UP ATS
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 20, 2017
Six others were being questioned.
The arrests were reportedly part of a crackdown on a terror module that was busted in March. One suspect was killed in Lucknow and seven arrested from UP and Madhya Pradesh in that operation.
Recommended For You
- Suresh Raina Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi in The Netherlands
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Rajinikanth to Discuss Political Plans With Amitabh Bachchan?
- Kareena, Katrina To Malaika: B-Town Celebrities Attend Manish Malhotra's Bash
- Team India Coach Job: Engineer Has Solution for Kohli's Arrogance