DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
30 killed in Arunachal bridge collapse
The bridge at Seppa in West Kameng district collapsed when a group of about 70 people gathered on it.
Itanagar: At least 30 people, including children, were feared killed when a suspension bridge over the Kameng river collapsed late on Saturday in Arunachal Pradesh, a police official said.
West Kameng Superintendent of Police K Aya said the 100-metre wooden planks-and-rope bridge at Seppa in West Kameng district collapsed when a group of about 70 people gathered on it.
Twenty eight people were rescued, three bodies were recovered from the river and 30 people were still missing, the official said.
At the time of the incident, the local tribals were trying to catch a swarm of insects, which they relish, using nets and traps on the bridge, which connects Old Seppa and New Seppa.
Aya said the rescue operation was hampered due to darkness and the difficult terrain. The police have been joined by paramilitary personnel in the rescue efforts.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users