30 Tihar Jail inmates selected in placement drive
Two convicts Akshay Chauhan and Sushil Gupta were offered a package of Rs 3 lakh and Rs 2.40 lakh per annum respectively.
New Delhi: At least 30 inmates of the Tihar Jail here were selected by 15 companies in the fourth campus placement drive conducted by jail authorities on Tuesday.
The inmates were selected after they were interviewed by companies at Tihar's Jail No 3.
"All the 30 inmates with good character, who would be released in the next six months, were selected by 15 companies after they fulfilled certain criteria laid down by these companies," said Sunil Gupta, Tihar Jail spokesperson.
"A total of 30 companies were to visit Tihar Jail today (Tuesday), but only 15 companies arrived," Gupta said.
The inmates were offered jobs such as sales executives, data entry operators and marketing executives.
Two convicts Akshay Chauhan, 35, and Sushil Gupta, in his late 30s, were offered a package of Rs 3 lakh and Rs 2.40 lakh per annum respectively by Ariz Media Pvt Ltd.
In 2012, the Tihar Jail set a record when 142 inmates were selected by companies, with three of them being offered a package of Rs 3.60 lakh per annum each.
The campus recruitment drive at the Tihar Jail is considered the brainchild of former jail superintendent MK Dwivedi. It was introduced in February 2010 as part of a rehabilitation programme for prisoners after their release.
Tihar Jail holds more than 12,000 prisoners of various categories.
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday