Lahore attack mastermind identified, claims Pak
But raids across the city to nab the terrorist proved futile.
New Delhi: Little-known terrorist Muhammad Aqil has been identified by Pakistani security agencies as the mastermind of the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore.
But raids across the city to nab him proved futile on Monday as he managed to escape.
The security agencies conducted raids at several places after identifying Aqil, who has links to a banned terrorist group. However, the name of the group was not revealed.
Though Aqil, who hails from Kahuta, managed to escape, his accomplice Talat was captured, Geo News channel quoted sources as saying.
Talat and Aqil had been living in a flat near the Liberty traffic roundabout, where the Sri Lankan team was attacked on March 3 by a dozen gunmen who ambushed its luxury bus, leaving seven players and an assistant coach injured and eight people dead.
Talat purchased a mobile phone SIM that was used by the terrorists involved in the attack, Geo News reported. Aqil masterminded the attack and was also in-charge of its execution, it added.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18