34 Tamil Nadu fishermen arrive at Rameswaram
The fishermen from Thangachimadam, part of a group which had ventured into the sea, were arrested on the charge of trespassing in Sri Lankan waters.
Rameswaram: A day after a Sri Lankan court ordered their release, 34 Tamil Nadu fishermen, who were taken into custody by the Island Navy for trespassing into their waters, arrived at Rameswaram on Saturday night. The fishermen along with their five boats were earlier handed over to the Indian Coast Guard at the International Maritime Boundary Line by the Lankan Navy, officials said.
After India lodged a protest against detention of its fishermen, a court in the island nation had ordered their release on Friday. The fishermen from Thangachimadam, part of a group which had ventured into the sea, were arrested on March 14, 2013, on the charge of trespassing and poaching in Sri Lankan waters.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee