DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
35 bodies of 'illegal migrants' found from container in Pak
More than 100 people were inside the metal container.
Quetta, Pakistan: Police say at least 35 illegal migrants died of suffocation inside a shipping container found in southwest Pakistan near the border with Afghanistan.
Rasool Bakhsh, a senior police official in the city of Quetta, said the container had entered Pakistan from Afghanistan and was headed for Iran. He said most of the victims were Afghans.
Southwestern Pakistan lies on a well-trodden route for traffickers smuggling young men from poverty-afflicted countries including Afghanistan and Pakistan hoping to find work and prosperity in Europe and elsewhere.
More than 100 people were inside the metal container when police opened it on a tip-off, Bakhsh. Some were taken to hospital unconscious and the death toll could rise, he said.
Officials ordered an investigation.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere