4.6 magnitude earthquake hits Assam
There was no report of any casualty or damage to property so far due to the quake which rattled doors and windows.
Guwahati: An earthquake measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale shook Assam on Tuesday jolting people out of bed. The Regional Meteorological Centre here said the quake occurred at 6:53 am on latitude 26.3 degree North and 92.0 degree East with its epicentre being in Darrang district of Assam.
There was no report of any casualty or damage to property so far due to the quake which rattled doors and windows, official said.
India's northeast is considered to be the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Watch: Talking Point With Zakka Jacob
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager