4.6 magnitude earthquake hits Assam
There was no report of any casualty or damage to property so far due to the quake which rattled doors and windows.
Guwahati: An earthquake measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale shook Assam on Tuesday jolting people out of bed. The Regional Meteorological Centre here said the quake occurred at 6:53 am on latitude 26.3 degree North and 92.0 degree East with its epicentre being in Darrang district of Assam.
There was no report of any casualty or damage to property so far due to the quake which rattled doors and windows, official said.
India's northeast is considered to be the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology