DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
4 Naxals sentenced to death for killing 20 people
Former Jharkhand CM Babulal Marandi's son Anup was among the 20 villagers killed.
Giridih: Four Naxals were on Thursday sentenced to death by a local court in Giridih for the 2007 Chilkari massacre in which 20 villagers were killed.
Additional District and Sessions Judge (First) ID Mishra ordered that the four be hanged till death for perpetrating the dastardly crime on October 26, 2007.
The four condemned Naxals are Chhatrapati Mandal, Manoj Rajwar, Jiten Marandi and Anil Ram.
The court had on Wednesday acquitted Hafiz Ahmed, Tutlal Yadav, Kishan Rajwar, Ram Sahay Das, Sitaram Turi and Mangru Kisku in the case for want of evidence.
Former Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi's son Anup was among the 20 villagers who were gunned down while watching a cultural programme in Chilkhari under Deori police station in Giridih district.
Marandi's brother escaped the attack.
While 19 people died on the spot, one woman succumbed to her injuries the next day.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Proteas reach 59/0 at Break
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar