4 swine flu deaths in Maharashtra, India toll 344
Maharashtra has highest swine flu deaths among the states in the country.
New Delhi: Four new swine flu deaths, all of them from Maharashtra, were reported Sunday, taking the country's toll due to the contagious virus to 344, the Union Health Ministry said.
Of the four deaths two took place Sunday while two people died of the virus Saturday but were officially confirmed Sunday.
With these deaths, the toll in Maharashtra has gone up to 139, the highest among the states in the country.
At least 164 fresh infections were reported taking the total number of cases in the country to 10,894 so far. India reported its first swine flu infection in early May from Hyderabad.
Among the fresh cases, Maharashtra reported 56 cases, followed by 27 in Delhi and 23 in Tamil Nadu. Other states where cases were reported included Haryana (12), Karnataka (16), Kerala (seven), Gujarat (four), Chandigarh and Bihar (two each), and West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh (one each).
Among the states, Maharashtra has maximum number of cases with 3,024, closely followed by Delhi where around 2,800 people have been infected by the influenza A (H1N1) virus.
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Watch: Talking Point With Zakka Jacob
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Smartphone to Launch on September 22