DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
4 UN peacekeepers wounded in southern Sudan
The United Nations has some 9,000 troops and 700 international police officers in Sudan.ni
United Nations: Four UN peacekeepers have been shot and wounded in southern Sudan while on patrol close to the disputed town of Abyei.
UN spokesman Farhan Haq said the Zambian peacekeepers were evacuated for immediate medical treatment after Tuesday's shooting and their condition was not immediately known.
He said the identity of the attackers has not been determined.
The patrol was heading from Diffra to Abyei and the attack took place near Gali, Haq said.
The UN has some 9,000 troops and 700 international police officers enforcing a 2005 peace deal that the civil war between the ethnic African south and Sudan's Arab-dominated government.
The UN condemned the attack and Haq said an emergency meeting of military officials from both sides and the UN would be held on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh