40,000 to take rescheduled AIEEE exam
The reconduct of the examination was announced after leakage of the AIEEE question paper in Lucknow.
New Delhi: Nearly 40,000 candidates will appear for the rescheduled All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) across the country on Wednesday.
The CBSE, which conducts the test, has already notified 39 cities where the examination will be held for the students who could not appear in it on May 1 due to confusion arising out of leakage of the question paper.
The reconduct of the examination was announced after leakage of the AIEEE question paper in Lucknow and the delayed start to the test on May 1. A section of students who had to skip the test for the Armed Forces Medical College examination would be allowed to sit for the rescheduled examination.
"As many as 40,000 students would be sitting for the rescheduled examination," said a CBSE official.
Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court refused to stay the government's decision to hold the reconduct of AIEEE.
Former professor of NIT Jamshedpur A P Sinha had sought a stay on government notification to reconduct the AIEEE on the ground that one was held in adverse and disadvantageous condition, while only 3 per cent candidates are allowed to
appear on May 11 in an "undue advantageous position".
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?