45 Killed as Bus Falls Into River in Shimla
Shimla: Forty-five passengers were killed when a private bus plunged into River Tons in remote Nerwa area of Shimla district on Wednesday.
The passengers were on their way from Vikasnagar in Uttarakhand to Tuni and the accident took place on the Uttarakhand-Himachal border in Himachal territory, Deputy Commissioner Shimla, Rohan Chand Thakur said.
The bus was carrying 56 passengers SP, Shimla, D W Negi said 43 bodies have been recovered and the search is on for the rest.
Police along with medical and rescue teams have been mobilised from Sirmaur and Shimla districts to help in rescue and relief operations at the spot, about 190 km from here.
Uttarakhand Govt announces compensation of Rs 1 lakh for kin of those dead, Rs 50,000 for severely injured and Rs 25,000 for injured.
More details are awaited.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Mithali Raj Shatters World Record, Slams 7th Consecutive ODI Fifty
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas