45 Killed as Bus Falls Into River in Shimla
Shimla: Forty-five passengers were killed when a private bus plunged into River Tons in remote Nerwa area of Shimla district on Wednesday.
The passengers were on their way from Vikasnagar in Uttarakhand to Tuni and the accident took place on the Uttarakhand-Himachal border in Himachal territory, Deputy Commissioner Shimla, Rohan Chand Thakur said.
The bus was carrying 56 passengers SP, Shimla, D W Negi said 43 bodies have been recovered and the search is on for the rest.
Police along with medical and rescue teams have been mobilised from Sirmaur and Shimla districts to help in rescue and relief operations at the spot, about 190 km from here.
Uttarakhand Govt announces compensation of Rs 1 lakh for kin of those dead, Rs 50,000 for severely injured and Rs 25,000 for injured.
More details are awaited.
Recommended For You
- Andrew Tye Ruled of IPL 2017 With a Dislocated Shoulder
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- IPL 2017: SRH vs KKR - Turning Point - Woakes Drops Warner
- IPL 2017: Bumrah Reveals Secret Behind Successful Super Over
- IPL 2017: SRH vs KKR - Star of the Match- David Warner