5.0 magnitude earthquake jolts Sikkim and parts of Darjeeling
A report from Gangtok in Sikkim said some buildings had developed cracks and people were out on the streets.
An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter Scale jolted Sikkim on Thursday, Regional Seismological Centre sources said.
The epicentre of the quake that struck at 11.43 am was at a place in Sikkim whose latitude and longitude were 27.4 degree N and 88.5 degree E respectively, the sources said.
A report from Gangtok in Sikkim said some buildings had developed cracks and people were out on the streets. The tremor was also felt in parts of Darjeeling.
Some schools announced holiday and a massive traffic jam was reported from there. A report from Siliguri said the tremor was also felt in Siliguri and people came out of their houses in panic.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner