DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
5.0 magnitude earthquake jolts Sikkim and parts of Darjeeling
A report from Gangtok in Sikkim said some buildings had developed cracks and people were out on the streets.
An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter Scale jolted Sikkim on Thursday, Regional Seismological Centre sources said.
The epicentre of the quake that struck at 11.43 am was at a place in Sikkim whose latitude and longitude were 27.4 degree N and 88.5 degree E respectively, the sources said.
A report from Gangtok in Sikkim said some buildings had developed cracks and people were out on the streets. The tremor was also felt in parts of Darjeeling.
Some schools announced holiday and a massive traffic jam was reported from there. A report from Siliguri said the tremor was also felt in Siliguri and people came out of their houses in panic.
Recommended For You
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Champions Trophy 2017: Australia - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs