5.2 Magnitude Quake Hits Indo-Nepal Border in Uttarakhand
According to the National Seismological Centre, the epicentre of the earthquake was in Uttarakhand along the border between India and Nepal.
Image for representation only
New Delhi: A medium intensity earthquake, measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale, tonight hit the Indo-Nepal border in Uttarakhand.
According to the National Seismological Centre, a unit of Ministry of Earth Sciences, the epicentre of the earthquake was in Uttarakhand along the border between India and Nepal.
The earthquake had occurred at 10.22 PM, officials said.
Earlier in the day, an earthquake measuring 3.3 on the Richter scale had hit the Kullu region in Himachal Pradesh. The earthquake had occurred at 4.12 am, they said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni Fight It Out on Football Field
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- LFW 2017: Of Gaurang Shah's Nine-yard Canvas and Indian Weaves
- Kohli Returns to the Scene of His ODI Debut, Only This Time as Captain