5.2 Magnitude Quake Hits Indo-Nepal Border in Uttarakhand
According to the National Seismological Centre, the epicentre of the earthquake was in Uttarakhand along the border between India and Nepal.
Image for representation only
New Delhi: A medium intensity earthquake, measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale, tonight hit the Indo-Nepal border in Uttarakhand.
According to the National Seismological Centre, a unit of Ministry of Earth Sciences, the epicentre of the earthquake was in Uttarakhand along the border between India and Nepal.
The earthquake had occurred at 10.22 PM, officials said.
Earlier in the day, an earthquake measuring 3.3 on the Richter scale had hit the Kullu region in Himachal Pradesh. The earthquake had occurred at 4.12 am, they said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli All Set to Surpass De Villiers & Ganguly in His 200th ODI
- 11 Habits That Make You A Smart Mommy
- Manchester United Lose to Huddersfield; Manchester City Thump Burnley
- New Zealand in India: History of Bilateral ODI Series (1988 to 2016)
- Diwali 2017: Gift Yourself A Healthier & Longer Life This Festive Season