DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
5 things that 'Ek Thi Daayan' teaches you about witchcraft
'Ek Thi Daayan' features some popular myths about witches in a very straight forward way.
New Delhi: Director Kanna Iyer's 'Ek Thi Daayan' is the latest to join the league of Hindi films that are based on the theme of witchcraft. The film deals with some stereotypes related to the concept of witches and black magic, and it tries to show some ancient anecdotes about 'daayan' in a new light. The article will feature some spoilers about the film, so you're requested to come to it after watching the film.
1. Beast inside a beauty: 'Ek Thi Daayan' features some popular myths about 'daayan/chudail' in a straight forward way. The film shows a beautiful woman who is hidden behind her simplicity and innocent looking face. The media keeps reporting about such incidents from all over the country where society takes the onus on itself to judge the morality of a woman. This film also reflects the same ideology where a small boy is convinced about a woman who his father likes.
2. The lizard connection: A witch can transform to a lizard whenever the need arises. Those who are interested in books and serials dealing with witches would understand that the beautiful but evil woman seeks assistance from her supernatural powers in her difficult moments. Lizards are the vital part of 'Ek Thi Daayan' as they take the narration forward.
3. They will find you and take you back: The dark world doesn't allow its members to act outside their realm, and if someone dares to do so, the top bosses of the black magic will take steps to ensure that the derailed witch or magician is back into their original world.
4. The hair raising experience: You can't kill a witch but you can always make her obey your orders by threatening to chop off her long black hair. There is a catch here as only an innocent soul can cut off a witch's hair. However, that doesn't mean you start behaving like Emraan Hashmi who chases every woman with long black hair with a knife.
5. The technological glitch: Well, this is a new angle that filmmakers have started showing lately. You might not be able to see a supernatural power or spirit with your naked eyes but machines can detect their presence. Sometimes, it comes in the form of a vibration and sometimes it happens when a camera couldn't frame the subject. In a nut shell, a machine can assist you in the war against witches.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Ashwin Looking to Unleash New Weapon
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Lionel Messi's Prison Sentence Upheld By Spanish Supreme Court
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish