50 per cent of Goa Police physically unfit, says CM
Manohar Parrikar told policemen that more than half of the crime in the state would be solved if police is in good relations with the people.
Panaji: More than 50 per cent of Goa Police force is not physically fit due to the "pressures and unexpected demands" they have been facing while on the job, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Sunday. "If we do a medical checkup, 50 per cent of Goa Police force is physically unfit. They will have some or the other problems. I am not blaming them. There are pressures and unexpected demands which have become part and parcel of their profession," Parrikar told a gathering of policemen in Panaji.
The Chief Minister was speaking after launching a 'community policing initiative', a programme unveiled by Goa Police to reach to the people. "50 per cent of the crimes would be solved if you (police) have good relations with the people. I have experienced it. I regularly get feedback from the people informing me various things," he claimed, adding, "there are good Samaritans in the society, who are ever willing to fight against the evils."
"Community participation will also help police to make over their image," Parrikar added. State police have decided to hold community policing initiative so as to improve their connect with the people. Parrikar said the police force was demoralised when he took over the reigns of the state in March this year and his government is working to reinstate confidence in them.
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das