50 research scholars to study pollution
HYDERABAD: The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB) has decided to institute a monthly scholarship of `20,000 for five y..
HYDERABAD: The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB) has decided to institute a monthly scholarship of `20,000 for five years to engage 50 research scholars from 7 universities in the state for conducting detailed studies on critical issues being addressed by the board.
According to a press release issued by the board, the scholars would be picked up from the IITHyderabad, University of Hyderabad, JNTU, Osmania, Andhra, Sri Venkateswara and NALSAR universities.
The research would cover study of selected pollution hot spots in the state. The board plans to seek support of scientific and technical experts of the universities.
The scholarship called the AP Pollution Control Board Environmental Research Fellowship would be in the CSIR and UGC models, the release says. The minimum qualification would be qualifying in NET/GATE and interested in doing serious research on critical environmental issues. The scholarship would be `20,000 per month for first and second years, `24,000 per month for the next three years and a research grant of `1 lakh per year per project.
An experts committee will be constituted in every university covered by the scholarship to select the candidates who are meritorious and interested in the research project.
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills