50 research scholars to study pollution
HYDERABAD: The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB) has decided to institute a monthly scholarship of `20,000 for five y..
HYDERABAD: The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB) has decided to institute a monthly scholarship of `20,000 for five years to engage 50 research scholars from 7 universities in the state for conducting detailed studies on critical issues being addressed by the board.
According to a press release issued by the board, the scholars would be picked up from the IITHyderabad, University of Hyderabad, JNTU, Osmania, Andhra, Sri Venkateswara and NALSAR universities.
The research would cover study of selected pollution hot spots in the state. The board plans to seek support of scientific and technical experts of the universities.
The scholarship called the AP Pollution Control Board Environmental Research Fellowship would be in the CSIR and UGC models, the release says. The minimum qualification would be qualifying in NET/GATE and interested in doing serious research on critical environmental issues. The scholarship would be `20,000 per month for first and second years, `24,000 per month for the next three years and a research grant of `1 lakh per year per project.
An experts committee will be constituted in every university covered by the scholarship to select the candidates who are meritorious and interested in the research project.
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits