5,000 Wheat Purchase Centres Become Operational in UP
Ending role of middlemen, 5,000 wheat purchase centres spread across Uttar Pradesh began functioning on Saturday, an official said.
Representative Image. (Image: Reuters)
Lucknow: Ending role of middlemen, 5,000 wheat purchase centres spread across Uttar Pradesh began functioning on Saturday, an official said.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath earlier directed officials to ensure that these centres should start functioning from April 1.
Adityanath also revised the target of wheat purchase and government agencies have been asked to buy 70 lakh tonne of the total target of 80 lakh tonnes in 2017.
Providing this information, a state government spokesman said that the Chief Minister has also warned officials against any laxity in this regard and has said that playing with the welfare of the farmers cannot be allowed.
For this, he added, any callousness found at any wheat purchase centres would be dealt with firmly.
All centres will purchase wheat directly, he said.
For identification of farmers and cultivated areas, help will be taken from the Aadhaar number and account books of the farmers. Support Price amount will be directly transferred into the bank accounts of the farmers.
Adityanath has reiterated that his government is committed to getting the rightful price to farmers for their harvest and ensure their economic prosperity.
For this, he stated, the state government will do everything it can.
Recommended For You
- 'Bengaluru FC Aim to Win the Trophy,' Says Coach Albert Roca Ahead of ISL Debut
- THE TIPPLING POINT | A Scot's Funeral is Merrier Than an English Wedding. Here's Why
- Miss World 2017: Manushi Chhillar Always Calm and Composed, Reveals Ramp Walk Trainer
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR