60 pc more spent on remembering Kasturba than Mahatma
An RTI response has revealed that the Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti had spent Rs 2.46 lakh for publicity for Kasturba Gandhi's death anniversary.
New Delhi: Nearly Rs 83 lakh was spent in commemorating the death anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi during the last two years, which was 60 per cent more than the combined expenditure incurred on the death and birth anniversary events of Mahatma Gandhi during that period.
An RTI response has revealed that the Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, which works under Culture Ministry, had spent Rs 2.46 lakh for publicity and printing of invitation cards for observing Kasturba Gandhi's death anniversary 'Nirwan Diwas' on February 22 last year while this year's expenditure was Rs 2.68 lakh.
The Samiti had also incurred an additional expenditure of Rs 30.44 lakh in 2011 and Rs 47.17 lakh this year in observing her death anniversary.
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola