60 pc more spent on remembering Kasturba than Mahatma
An RTI response has revealed that the Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti had spent Rs 2.46 lakh for publicity for Kasturba Gandhi's death anniversary.
New Delhi: Nearly Rs 83 lakh was spent in commemorating the death anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi during the last two years, which was 60 per cent more than the combined expenditure incurred on the death and birth anniversary events of Mahatma Gandhi during that period.
An RTI response has revealed that the Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, which works under Culture Ministry, had spent Rs 2.46 lakh for publicity and printing of invitation cards for observing Kasturba Gandhi's death anniversary 'Nirwan Diwas' on February 22 last year while this year's expenditure was Rs 2.68 lakh.
The Samiti had also incurred an additional expenditure of Rs 30.44 lakh in 2011 and Rs 47.17 lakh this year in observing her death anniversary.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology