60-yr-old gets 10 yrs in jail for raping granddaughter
The victim's mother, who had lodged the police complaint, had turned hostile during the trial in the rape case.
Mumbai: A 60-year-old man was on Monday sentenced to 10 years' imprisonment for raping his step-granddaughter by the sessions court. According to prosecution, Hari Gani Ingle, the accused, a native of Buldhana in central Maharashtra, stayed with his son in suburban Mankhurd whenever he visited the city.
The victim's mother was married to Ingle's son. Her first husband had divorced her when the victim was six-months-old. Sometime in the last week of December 2011, Ingle came home drunk and raped the girl, who was alone. He also warned her not to disclose it to her parents.
When he raped the girl again a few days later, the girl ran to her aunt's place, but still did not tell her parents. Still later, when a fight broke out between her parents and Ingle over a trivial issue, the girl told her mother about the rape. Medical examination confirmed the sexual assault.
Public Prosecutor Nilima Kasture examined several witnesses including the doctor who conducted the medical examination, but what bolstered the case was the girl's own testimony.
The victim's mother, who had lodged the police complaint, however, turned hostile during the trial. Additional Sessions Judge PV Ganediwala accepted the prosecution's argument, and convicted Ingle. Fine of Rs 10,000 was also imposed on Ingle, which would be given to the victim as compensation.
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand