60-yr-old man gets death for raping, killing minor
The man had on April 10, 2011, raped a rickshaw puller's daughter, who had died during the commission of the crime.
New Delhi: A 60-year-old farmhouse guard was on Tuesday awarded death penalty by a Delhi court for raping and killing a three-year-old girl nearly two years ago. Fast Track Court judge Virender Bhat termed the offence as "rarest of rare" while handing down the maximum sentence to Bharat Singh for raping a rickshaw puller's minor daughter, who died during the commission of the crime.
According to the prosecution, the child was playing outside her house at Kapashera in West Delhi on April 10, 2011 evening but while returning home, she lost her way and strayed towards a nearby farmhouse.
The girl was called inside the farmhouse by its guard, who was alone there on duty, and was raped by him, said the prosecution adding the minor girl died during the commission of the crime.
The prosecution also said the guard after realising that the girl was dead, threw her at a secluded spot inside the farmhouse. It said the guard did not throw the body outside the farmhouse for the fear of being spotted by workers, engaged in road construction outside the farmhouse.
Initially, the girl's father had lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was missing. The girl's body, however, was recovered after two days of the incident.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again