60-yr-old man gets death for raping, killing minor
The man had on April 10, 2011, raped a rickshaw puller's daughter, who had died during the commission of the crime.
New Delhi: A 60-year-old farmhouse guard was on Tuesday awarded death penalty by a Delhi court for raping and killing a three-year-old girl nearly two years ago. Fast Track Court judge Virender Bhat termed the offence as "rarest of rare" while handing down the maximum sentence to Bharat Singh for raping a rickshaw puller's minor daughter, who died during the commission of the crime.
According to the prosecution, the child was playing outside her house at Kapashera in West Delhi on April 10, 2011 evening but while returning home, she lost her way and strayed towards a nearby farmhouse.
The girl was called inside the farmhouse by its guard, who was alone there on duty, and was raped by him, said the prosecution adding the minor girl died during the commission of the crime.
The prosecution also said the guard after realising that the girl was dead, threw her at a secluded spot inside the farmhouse. It said the guard did not throw the body outside the farmhouse for the fear of being spotted by workers, engaged in road construction outside the farmhouse.
Initially, the girl's father had lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was missing. The girl's body, however, was recovered after two days of the incident.
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party