DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
666,000 people affected by heavy rains in China
The provincial meteorological authorities warned citizens of mountain torrents and landslides in some mountainous areas this flood season.
Beijing: Heavy rain has affected 666,000 people in east China, while 335 houses and 22,200 hectares of crops were also destroyed in the downpour. Over the past month, heavy rain has affected 666,000 people in 25 counties of east China's Zhejiang Province, local authorities said on Saturday.
The downpours have also forced 5,674 residents to evacuate, according to the provincial flood control and drought relief headquarters. A total of 335 houses collapsed, and 22,200 hectares of crops were affected because of the rain, inflicting economic losses of about 525 million yuan (USD 85.5 million), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
From June 7 to 28, the average precipitation in the province stood at 185mm with the highest reaching 303 mm, the headquarters said. The provincial meteorological authorities warned citizens of mountain torrents and landslides in some mountainous areas this flood season.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO