666,000 people affected by heavy rains in China
The provincial meteorological authorities warned citizens of mountain torrents and landslides in some mountainous areas this flood season.
Beijing: Heavy rain has affected 666,000 people in east China, while 335 houses and 22,200 hectares of crops were also destroyed in the downpour. Over the past month, heavy rain has affected 666,000 people in 25 counties of east China's Zhejiang Province, local authorities said on Saturday.
The downpours have also forced 5,674 residents to evacuate, according to the provincial flood control and drought relief headquarters. A total of 335 houses collapsed, and 22,200 hectares of crops were affected because of the rain, inflicting economic losses of about 525 million yuan (USD 85.5 million), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
From June 7 to 28, the average precipitation in the province stood at 185mm with the highest reaching 303 mm, the headquarters said. The provincial meteorological authorities warned citizens of mountain torrents and landslides in some mountainous areas this flood season.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Cauvery Row: Ex-PM Deve Gowda Sits on Dharna Against 'Injustice'
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute