666,000 people affected by heavy rains in China
The provincial meteorological authorities warned citizens of mountain torrents and landslides in some mountainous areas this flood season.
Beijing: Heavy rain has affected 666,000 people in east China, while 335 houses and 22,200 hectares of crops were also destroyed in the downpour. Over the past month, heavy rain has affected 666,000 people in 25 counties of east China's Zhejiang Province, local authorities said on Saturday.
The downpours have also forced 5,674 residents to evacuate, according to the provincial flood control and drought relief headquarters. A total of 335 houses collapsed, and 22,200 hectares of crops were affected because of the rain, inflicting economic losses of about 525 million yuan (USD 85.5 million), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
From June 7 to 28, the average precipitation in the province stood at 185mm with the highest reaching 303 mm, the headquarters said. The provincial meteorological authorities warned citizens of mountain torrents and landslides in some mountainous areas this flood season.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1