DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
7 killed in Assam poll violence
After ULFA, another militant group killed seven polling personnel and injured 10 others in Assam.
New Delhi: As Assam faced the carnage unleashed by ULFA, another militant group killed seven polling personnel and injured 10 others, including four policemen, during election to Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council in the state.
Official sources in Diphu in Assam said suspected Karbi Longri North Cachar Liberation Front (KNCLF) insurgents exploded an Improvised Explosive Device and fired on polling personnel when they were returning with ballot boxes after close of voting from remote Donghap under Howraghat police staton, killing seven on the spot and wounding six.
The dead were yet to be identified, the sources said. Among the injured were four police men and a home guard.
They have been shifted to Nagaon Civil hospital in neighbouring Nagaon district.
Another group of militants attacked the polling personnel with a grenade during voting at Nilip constituency polling station under Bokakhat police station in a booth-capturing attempt injuring four polling personnel.
Repoll has been ordered in the polling station, the sources said. Over 67 per cent voters cast their ballots to decide the fate of 169 contestants for 25 constituencies in the 26-member house.
Election for Duarbagori constituency was countermanded after the death of an Independent candidate.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh